Hanover weather

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

About 11 miles: Worms on the ground, hawks in the sky.


Today I ran about 11 miles. It was very cloudy and it rained on and off. The GPS had me running 23 miles but also gave me a warning about not getting a good GPS signal. There is no way I ran 23 miles; based on my past run maps I'm guessing it was around 11. Today was/is busy in terms of work but Friday is setting up well for a long run.

Today saw I hawk take out a bird on the grass. I saw it dive straight into the ground and bunch of feathers went flying before it took off with lunch. As I left the house, I saw a bunch of worms escaping the ground as the heavy rains soaked in. I wonder if there is a connection between the number of hawks I saw today and the rain. The birds seemed to be feeding on the worms and the hawks seem to be out hunting the other birds.

1 comment: