Hanover weather

Friday, June 1, 2012

28.4 miles: Garmin 205 verse iPhone's runmeter app.

(Photo above somewhere near mile 16 on map below)

Today I ran 28.4 miles. I didn't really plan to run that far (more like 20) but it was such a nice day (around 70) and mostly overcast I couldn't help myself.  I didn't even have a plan about where to go until I was about 2 miles from home.



I ran over to the Natchez Trace Parkway (about 9 miles) and then ran on it until the northern end of it (I also saved a turtle- go me). I was going to run out of water so I got off it there to resupply at an aid station (gas station). I took a short break there (Below) to eat and drink and then headed home!



I got a Garmin Forerunner 205 as an early father's day present! It's a GPS running watch I wanted for wearing during marathons, etc. I ran today's route using the old method (an iPhone 4 with the app Runmeter) and the Garmin. The iPhone recorded 28.32 miles and the Garmin recorded 28.41 miles. Both started and stopped sitting right outside my door. The difference is 0.3%. Great. I can trust both. 


(photo above taken around mile 8 on map)

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. Love the gadget, the run, and nerdy analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. Love the gadget, the run, and nerdy analysis.

    ReplyDelete