Hanover weather

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

22.5 miles: Trail of Fears training


Today I ran 22.5 miles. It was a very fun run. Based on a suggestion from a fellow Franklin runner I checked out a new area for me today (miles 6-13 on the map above). I ran to hilly part of town and "found" a great trail there that really does go up a big hill (the loop at miles 9/10).


(photo taken around mile 12 on map above)

This run was a specific training run for the Trail of Fears run that is coming up soon. The idea today was just to cover the ground under a pace that would allow be to finish a lap during the course. This is was not a speed run by any stretch.  I took a lunch break (10 mins or so) and took some walking breaks. It was a great day to be out exploring some new ground for me.


(photo taken just beyond the photo above.)

It turns I have run 71.1 miles over the last 7 days. I'm not sure I've ever have gone over 60 before in a week. My legs are tired but not dead tired. Running is going well right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment