Hanover weather

Thursday, November 15, 2012

2.5 miles: Last run before Marathon

Today I ran 2.5 miles.  Simple last run. The Philly Marathon forecast for now is a starting temperature in the lower 40's going up to the 50's with a small chance of rain. I'll take it.

Marathon goals:

1) Beating my time from last year- 4:40:52
2) Beating my time from 7 Bridges Marathon- 4:31:28

I should be able to beat the first goal assuming no problems, meaning from a fitness stand point I'm on track. The second goal will be a bit harder. I don't feel like I am in any better shape than I was in a month ago and that day I had a very good running day. Those are not always repeatable on demand. I'll be happy with goal 1 and thrilled with goal two.

So no slower than a 10:42 per mile pace down to about a 10:21 pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment