Hanover weather

Saturday, July 6, 2013

12 wet miles

This morning I left the house at 5:50 or so for a 12 mile run. It rained the whole time and it was great. My overall pace was 15 seconds per mile faster than the 10 mile run I did a week ago. So the trend of getting faster is still going.

The weather has been great lately (all rain, little heat) for running. I don't know if my pace will keep dropping if high temperatures finally hit us. However, I'm happy with the pace I am doing the longer runs for this point in the summer. I seem to be ahead of last's years pace at this time (of course, I was doing most of those during the day in the heat).

I took Friday off. My legs were sore from three days of pushing the pace on 5 and 6 mile runs. It was only my second day off in the 14 days since I have started running again since hurting my toe.

Toe update:  I'm not sure I felt it at all today while running. It still hurts a bit when I put my tight fitting socks on and sometimes around the house but things are looking good on the toe pain front.

No comments:

Post a Comment