Hanover weather

Sunday, July 28, 2013

16 miles (Saturday): 3 part run

Yesterday afternoon I ran 16 miles around the soccer fields. An open bathroom and a water supply kept me at the park rather than running around town. It was sunny and in the upper 80s. It wasn't the ideal time to run but it's what fit the family schedule this weekend.  

The first 10 went well for a summer run. My pace was about what it should be for a long run. The next 4.5 were decent - I slowed down some on purpose and some just because I had already run 10. Overall the first 14.5 miles went well for an upper 80's summer run.  The last mile and a half went slowly. I may have done that distance faster by power-walking rather than doing the slow running crawl I did.

Overall- I'm happy with this run as the goal was the distance and the overall pace was decent given the conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment