Hanover weather

Saturday, December 4, 2010

12.5-13 miles


I did a long run this morning. I set out not knowing exactly how far I would run (8-16 rough idea). It would depend on how I was feeling, traffic patterns and just where I felt like running once I started. It ended up depending a bit on water. (1.2 liters of water and 100 calories via 1 gel)

The GPS started having major problems around mile 9.5. The spikes in the map above reflects that as I did not run those spikes (that wasn't a 16.5 mile run). It was very cloudy and so I'm guessing that was the problem. I know it was good till about mile 9 and I know it is about 3-3.5 miles home from where the problems started. I'll run my path backwards later in the week and correct the mileage.

The other issues during this run was water. It looks like the town turned off some of the water fountains for winter. I ran out of water after thinking I could resupply at two different stops. I don't think I would have run much more (maybe just 2-3 miles more). I'll just need to carry more water for longer runs.

I felt fine and in shape during the run. My annoying right foot hurt a bit. I'm not sure what is going on. I don't think it's 100% running related. I've had foot problems ever since I tried to hike the AT trail. It's more like the pain I was having then. The pain plan now is to see how I feel tomorrow morning. If the pain is the same or less than this morning than I'll run 5. If the pain is worse I might take off till Wednesday. If this develops into a longer term problem, I might take off for a longer period of time off (2-3 weeks) and swim instead. I really don't want to do that as I like running so hopefully is this is something that will just heal or otherwise go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment