Hanover weather

Saturday, August 27, 2011

5 mile free fun: Best of summer

Today I did the normal Sunday five mile free run (no water, no calories) since it fit better into the family schedule. I'll do a longer (around 10) run tomorrow. It was sunny and 75 degrees with 70% humidity at the end of the run.

This was by far the best run of the summer. I can determine a few possible reasons: 1) this was likely the lowest temperature run of the summer and it was early enough in the day to get more shade. 2) I slept ok (not great). 3) Yesterday after my run I had a serving of Hammer's Recoverite. 4) It wasn't a long run.

I think it was mainly the lower temperature and the extra morning shade. I have not been taking Recoverite this summer; if it did help - the help was real (not just in my head) as I didn't remember I took it until around mile 4 when I was thinking about why the run was going so well.

I'm encouraged that maybe I'm in better running shape than the summer runs would suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment