Hanover weather

Sunday, August 28, 2011

7.9 miles


I ran 7.9 miles today. I did laps around the local park (above). It was in the lower 80's and sunny at the end of the run.

I think my mind has been stuck on training for the Strolling Jim, my first ultra. The goal in that training was to finish the 41.2 miles. So my training was lots of very long runs without regard to pace. I basically ran over 10 miles every day of training except for Sunday (5 miles) but those runs were slow (greater than 10 min pace)

However, the marathon is 15 miles shorter and I know I can run that far. I need to switch to marathon training since I have two this fall. The new general training plan will be to run more than 10 miles twice a week at most and do a few shorter runs at a pushed pace (10 or less).

No comments:

Post a Comment