Hanover weather

Friday, December 2, 2011

22.1 miles: Hold on to both ends

(Photo above taken around mile 16 on map below)

Today I ran 22.1 miles (1.8 liters of water and about 500 calories). I only now remembered the marathon was less than two weeks ago. Oh well, I wanted to do a long run so I did. Plus I was thinking more about this weekend when I will be on full time kid duty (=no outside runs).

The key to long runs is to set a distance or time goal at one end and then hang on till the other end of the run. The same can be said about dog leashes. They really only work when the human or a post is on one end and the dog is on the other.

Two medium size mutts ran after me today in a park, one was maybe just along for the fun but the other was after me for sure. I got mad and turned the tables on them. I almost got a good kick into the mean one. They took off back to the human. Both dogs had a leash on, but nobody was on the other end.







No comments:

Post a Comment