Hanover weather

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Two Bear: Many chipmunks.


Sunday I ran in the Two Bear marathon. I finished the race but not as fast as the last time I ran it. I'm not sure exactly why I was not able to go as fast. I am in better shape.  I got dehydrated as it was warmer than last year and I may not have taken in enough liquids in the first 12 miles or so. I think I didn't notice how much I was sweating because the sweat was actually evaporating for a change.


It was a fun run and my legs are very sore two days later. It was a very good workout for the fall marathons. If I hope to do well in this run in the future, I'll have to run more hills. The relatively flat part of Franklin I live in does not cut it for getting ready for mountains.

This time I ran for many of the miles without seeing anyone else. I did see the two girls in bear outfits and probably over a 100 chipmunks. I did not see any real bears during the run although I did see two bears on the east side of Glacier National Park the next day. They were not very far away but far enough not to be able to get a good picture of them with an iPhone.

I'll be back to run this again, I'm not sure if it will be next year or not.



1 comment: