Hanover weather

Saturday, August 10, 2013

15 miles: Mack Hatcher


Today I ran 15 miles around Franklin. The plan heading out the door was for at least 12 (what's on my rough training outline) but I knew I'd be going at least 14 based on my likely route.

I took Mack Hatcher around town (Franklin's bypass) as there is a new sidewalk alongside parts of it and I wanted to check it out.

Very good run overall. My pace was about 35 seconds per mile faster than last week's 20 miler. It was very humid but decent temperature wise (mid-upper 70's) and the Sun was hidden for most of the run.

Around mile 10 (end of the bypass) I selected a route home. If it didn't rain I'd do 15 and if it rained and cooled me off I do closer to 20 by doing some loops at the soccer fields. It didn't rain.

Summary: running is going very well right now. I am ahead of where I was last year at this time in both miles and pace. It is partially because of the much cooler summer but also just from being in better shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment