Hanover weather

Saturday, August 3, 2013

20 miles: Good conditions for the summer

Today I ran 20 around the soccer fields.  The plan heading out the door was for 18 however it turned out to be cloudy, in the 70's and a bit rainy. 

I did the first 19 miles at almost exactly the same pace. By design I wanted to hold a certain pace from the start that I knew I could keep up.  The first 15 were pretty good, I was starting to get a bit hot then but it rained and that cooled me off. It was then I made the call to go for 20.  The last mile was my slowest as my legs finally started to give out a bit. Overall it was a great 20 miler considering it was my first in too long. My overall pace was much better than the 16 miler from last week but they are hard to compare as that one was done in near 90 heat, with higher humidity, and much more Sun.

Getting this 20 miler in now is great. It will allow me now to space the next two planned 20 milers out by 14 days, so that I have a bit more time to recover from each.

No comments:

Post a Comment