Hanover weather

Friday, July 23, 2010

5 Miles in the heat around town


Ran (well, went) five miles this morning. Drank about 1 liter of water and had 100 calories (a strawberry cliff shot gel). It was in the low 80's, very humid and really sunny. It went as well as could be expected under those conditions. I will not be buying the strawberry cliff shot gel again. I think if I was in the middle of a marathon or ultra it would have made me sick. This is why I test new gels, etc. or shorter runs.

Feeling much better but not 100%. I'm not sure what was going on but my wife was sick too. I actually hope it was a bug of some sort because I don't think the pollen is going away anytime soon. I know I wasn't 100% percent but had the feeling running was not going to make it worse. Yesterday I felt ok and maybe could have run but I wasn't sure that it (my sickness) would not get worse from running.

Tomorrow's long run should be interesting. The forecast is for temperatures near 100 with high humidity. My GoLite Rush pack will be full (3 liters inside, 1 liter in side bottles). I could carry less water by filling up around town but I am training to run with the pack so when I am training for ultra's I will be able to do long trail runs with the pack and that will not be a new thing for me. Plus, the pack allows me not to carry my iphone. I'd rather carry a few pounds on my back than a few ounces in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment