Hanover weather

Saturday, July 24, 2010

9 Miles


Ran 9 miles around town (above). Tried to hit as much shade as possible (the spikes off the loop) . Drank about 3 liters of water and had 180 calories (2 Hammer's Montana Huckleberry gels). It was very humid 80-90%, mid 80's to low 90's by the end, and very sunny. I felt fairly good for the first 7 miles, last 2 were not easy. Also took 3 Hammer Endurolytes pills (1 at miles 3, 5 and 8), since it's not a good idea to drink just water and I don't like to drink sports drinks while running.

I set out to run ten miles but running another mile may have busted my brain in this heat. I'll give myself a mile credit for carrying over 10 pounds of water and a pack. Something I will not be doing during the marathon.

1 comment:

  1. Running with foxes can be rather distracting, esp. if it is the two-legged kind.

    ReplyDelete