Hanover weather

Sunday, July 18, 2010

treadmill Sunday

Ran 5.5 miles on the treadmill. One mile warm up (long run pace) followed by 4x1 mile tempo runs. The tempo speed roughly 30 to 1:30 minute faster than the long run pace. I ended with a half-mile cool down at the long run pace. The tempo runs are not part of a fancy plan. I also was on Sam (our son) watching duty and so had to check on him and the house if he had not come in for a visit during the last mile or so.

Ate 190 calories during the run. I don't need to eat when running less than ten miles but was testing out Powerbar gel blasts. I don't want to try anything new on big running days and so like to test out new gels/food/drinks on shorter runs. Drank about 0.75 liters of water. My need for water goes way down when running indoors and with a good fan.

I could tell my legs were not 100% before getting on the treadmill as a result of yesterday's run but it didn't seem to affect me at all.

1 comment: