Hanover weather

Thursday, July 29, 2010

5.1 miles with lots of sweat going nowhere


Ran 5.1 miles this morning. It was 78 degrees, 90% humidity and sunny. I drank 1.2 liters of water, ate 100 calories (gel) and had 2 Endurolytes. Overall it was a good run and I found some more shade by running along the edge of some trees. The humidity was not fun but it almost never is. I set out to do at least 3 and less than 6.

On these hot humid summer days I am going to aim for 1 Endurolytes per 1/2 liter of water I intake. I don't mix them together until they hit my stomach. I'll keep this going for two more weeks or so and then I try to reduce it to 1 Endurolyte per 1 liter and see if I notice a difference. However, if I'm running well and not getting sore I may not change anything.

I've been using Nathan sports Quickdraw elite water bottle system for these shorter runs. It's a great little product. I can store a gel and other littles things and it's very easy to carry. I'm lucky in that the big park I hit during almost every run (Jim Warren park) has a few water fountains so I can refill on water.

Today I also give a second try to Cliff shots strawberry gel since I had one to use up. It was still not great but I would move it from the would never use category to the would try to avoid if possible category. Basically I would take a free one but would try to grab something else first.

Tomorrow's goal is 3 miles. An active rest day before the weekend long runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment