Hanover weather

Saturday, November 6, 2010

12.2 miles around town


I ran 12.2 miles this morning. I took in 1.2 liters of water and 200 calories (via 2 Gu gels). It was a fast run. I don't think I've run any run outside with an average pace under 10 minutes per mile during this training cycle. I did this 12 mile run with an average pace of 9:39. The goal was to do it "fast" but I was thinking more of a 10:00 per mile pace. I didn't feel like I was really pushing it but I know I could not keep that pace up for another 14 miles. It was good to do my last long run (anything over 10 is long in my book) "fast". I stopped (red dot on map above) and walked before getting all the way home since I ran the schedule 12 and was entering the one area I worry about twisting an ankle.

Up next: I'm scheduled for 4 tomorrow but since I skipped Thursday's run and 4 miles is too short, I'll going to run about 7.5 miles tomorrow.

Long range note: The family schedule is shaping up well for me to train right for the 40 mile run in the spring. The boy might be in a pre-school two days a week. This would allow me to do 4 runs a week outside (W, F, S and Sun) and have two days a week to do really long runs (W and F) without impacting family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment