Hanover weather

Thursday, November 18, 2010

4 miles Wednesday and 3 Thursday

I took Monday and Tuesday off after getting a slight pain in one foot. I think it's from running less (I know that doesn't make sense). Anyway, I ran 4 miles on Wednesday and 3 today and both runs were around the complex. Sometimes my hardest runs are the short runs. I am just not good at running short distances. I think it takes 5 or 6 miles for my body to get in the groove and remember how to run.

The foot still hurts a bit when walking but it didn't hurt at all while running. So today was my last run before the marathon. I will take the next two days off from running to rest and travel.

It will be odd not to run with my iphone telling me my pace every mile. The marathon website says it will have 3 digital clocks over the 26.2 miles. I'll have to just try to guess my pace and hope I don't go to fast during the first 12 or too slow in the last half. I hope to run a 10:30 pace for the first twenty miles and then go from there based on how I am doing. However, finishing and having fun are the top goals unless everyone in front of me gets cramps and I find myself in the lead (ha. ha.).

No comments:

Post a Comment