Hanover weather

Saturday, September 24, 2011

11.1 a bit faster


I ran 11.1 miles today (1.2 liters of water, 0 calories). I did the first half at the typical 20 mile pace but picked it up for the last half. It was a very good run. It was 72 and partly sunny at the end.

The training is switching from increasing distance to increasing speed. I like my marathon training at about 45-55 miles a week. I had to ramp up to that from the summer shorts distances 30-35 miles a week. I've been at the 45-55 mile range for about two weeks and I am now switching to running those distances faster. I turned off the pace feature when I was training for the ultra. It let's me know how fast I am moving every mile. I turned it off when training for my first ultra because the pace did not matter. Now that I am aiming to beat my Philly marathon time from last year this year, the pace matters again.

2 comments:

  1. 11.1...you lazy bastard. I went nearly 200 mile today in under 5 hrs, beat that and I'll be impressed.

    ReplyDelete