Hanover weather

Friday, September 16, 2011

17.3 miles: overactive cop


Today I ran 17.3 miles (2.4 liters, maybe 300 calories). It was sunny and 70 at the end of the run. I felt fairly good but had to get back to do some more work so I didn't hit 20. I'm not worried about that since I just need to hit 20 once every two weeks and I did a 20 last week.

Around mile 5 I crossed a road using the cross-walk (no headphones). There were no cars coming for at least 3/4 of a mile in one direction (closer to me) and the last car (a cop car) just passed on the other side of the road leaving that side clear for about the same distance.

The cop turned on his lights, peeled around came back and motioned me over. He wanted to let me know what I just did was very dangerous. I should have waited for a green light to cross and made sure I saw the little guy telling me it was safe to cross. The calm side of my brain won and I thanked him for the good advice and left.


2 comments:

  1. So nice to have such helpful advice. Was it the typical "fat" couch potato cop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, many Franklin cops do look to be in good shape but this was not one of them. It seems like he was looking for a reason, I tried not to give him one despite what I was thinking.

    ReplyDelete