Hanover weather

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

21.2 miles: dead tired


(Photo above from about mile 8 on the map below)

Today I ran 21.1 miles. It was 75 and partly sunny at the end of the run (3 liters water, 480 calories). It was a good 18 mile run followed by three hard miles. My legs are not recovered from the marathon it seems. This is good to know because I was considering a 10 day taper for the philly marathon (it's been 10 days since my marathon). Clearly that is not enough time to recover. My leg muscles are taxed after the run today. I guess that is good since this is training. I might do a down week next week and focus on running 12 miles twice faster rather than doing a 20 and a 12 as the long runs.




1 comment:

  1. That crowd watching you looks pretty wiped out also.

    ReplyDelete