Hanover weather

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

26.2 Miles Sunday (Philly Marathon)


Sunday I ran 26.2 miles in the Philly Marathon. My time was 4:40:52. So about 2 1/2 mins faster than my last Marathon, not too much faster but faster. I guess I'm not thrilled with my result but not upset with it either.

It's possible I ran the first half too fast as I ran the first half with an average pace of about 10 and my overall pace was 10.42. My legs are rather sore today, likely from pushing the first half and having to hang on to beat my last marathon time.

Marathon review: This year saw improvements in the area of porta-potties as I believe there were more but took a step backwards in t-shirts and cups. I got the wrong t-shirt in my bag (half-marathon) and two water stations were out of cups. They poured water into our hands.

Up next: Training for Strolling Jim Ultra in the spring and maybe the same two marathons in the fall. I may take off until this Saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment