Hanover weather

Sunday, November 27, 2011

5 miles in the rain: Year of "Speed"

A good 5 mile run this morning in the rain. I kept a fast pace during the run.

I'm making this year (till the end of the next philly marathon) the year of speed. I'm going to focus on getting faster. Last year I focused on running my first Ultra and doing two marathons in 5 weeks. This year I'll likely do the same races and thus will focus on doing them faster*. This is not an all out attempt at going as fast as possible. I'm still not a fan of speed work and the goal is to have fun in training not just on race day. However, I will try to increase the pace of all runs and keep the pace closer to the front of my mind on runs.

*Doing the ultra faster is only a goal if the weather is the same or better. It was lower 70s and overcast. If it's sunny and warmer, the goal will be just to finish. Last year two or three days after the ultra it was in the upper 80's and humid.

No comments:

Post a Comment