Hanover weather

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

5 miles and marathon pace plan.

I did the Starbucks run today without the iPhone. The danger of major rain kept the iPhone inside. Good run.

The marathon plan is to stick with the 4:30 pace group for 20 miles and then try to finish anywhere from 4:27-4:40. A 4:30 finish would be about 30 seconds faster per mile than my last marathon and the fastest I have run a marathon. If I'm feeling great at mile 20, I'll try to pick up the pace by up to 30 seconds per mile for a 4:27 finish. If I'm hurting, I can slow down at least a minute per mile and still end up beating my last marathon time.

Goal 1: Beating my last marathon time of 4:43:31
Goal 2: Finishing around 4:30 +/- 3 mins.

The goal of just finishing a marathon is gone now.

There is almost no chance of me running faster than 4:27. I plan to stick with the 4:30 group for 20 miles even if I feel great. If I feel great, I'll go then but not so much faster I crash - so maybe just about 30 seconds per mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment