Hanover weather

Sunday, April 1, 2012

5 miles and running schedule updates.

Tonight (my first future post) I'll be running to Starbucks and back. There is no plan to push it because this week's really long run (25+) will have to be on Wednesday rather than Friday so just an easy run is on tap for today.

Running schedule updates:

The running schedule is coming together for the rest of the year (See the events list to the right). I'll be doing the Strolling Jim 41.2 mile run in May, a 10 mile run (RC Cola-Moon Pie 10 Mile Run) in June, the Chattanooga Marathon in October and the Philly Marathon in November.

The ten mile run is a new one for me. It's about an hour away but fits just about perfectly with what I need. The four weeks leading up to it will be after the ultra and during a very busy work schedule. All day training runs will be out, so now I will be able to focus on shorter runs (5-12 miles) with a goal in mind. It will give me a month to work on increasing my pace with a good base of endurance from the ultra training. I'd still like to find mid-distance run (8-15 miles) for either July or August but the fall marathon schedule looks good. Both marathons will be repeats for me, so the focus will be improving my times.

The goal for next year is to do a 50 miler. I just need to find one that fits the work and family schedule and doesn't cost to much to get to and do. I'm not above just doing my own unofficial 50 miler if nothing official fits well. The goal however, and of course, is the LeGrizz 50 miler in Montana.

No comments:

Post a Comment