Hanover weather

Friday, April 27, 2012

8.2 Miles: "Force a taper run"

(Photo: wind damage to park at mile 7 on map below, no damage at our place.)


Today I ran 8.2 miles. It was a nice day and work would have allowed for a longer run but I am to be tapering for the ultra. I was a bit concerned I would end up running to far, so I headed out the door without water as a way to limit the run. It worked. Very good pace run, I'm feeling strong.


The first forecast is out for the day of the Strolling Jim Ultra. The forecast for now is sunny and 85. Last year it was in the lower 70's and overcast. If it turns out to be in the mid 80's, my goal will only be to finish with my brain working, not to beat last year's time. I do not do well in the heat (Gigantothermy).  Hopefully a cold front will change things for that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment