Hanover weather

Monday, June 24, 2013

0 miles: Franklin Half Marathon

Given that I am still having trouble walking completely without pain I decided against doing the Franklin Half Marathon, instead I volunteered to help with the race. Seems fair since I have run many marathons and have been helped by volunteers but have never volunteered myself.

I ended up being assigned to watch a cross road to make sure cars entering the race course knew to stay on one side of the road and otherwise help how I could from that location.

It was a fairly uneventful day for me. I helped a few runners and talked to some divers about what was going on. Overall, I'm glad I helped. It wasn't the most fun I ever had but it was a decent way to spend a Saturday morning.  

(the car is mine at the intersection I was watching. The runners ran towards where I standing here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment