Hanover weather

Monday, June 24, 2013

2 miles: First run back (Sunday)

Last night I ran for the first time since "breaking" (no x-rays) my toe. After looking at the calendar  and working out a rough training plan for my fall marathons - I realized time was short. I needed to know now how my toe was going to respond to a run.

Miles 0-0.75: Pain (2/10) but not bad. I was thinking I made a mistake by not running in the half-marathon.

Miles 0.75-1: Pain (7/10) went way up when I went down a slight slope and my toes went forward in my shoe. I had to stop, make faces and walk for a bit and I thought I might have to walk home.

Miles 1-2: Pain (3/10) the pain went back down. I was able to run the rest of the way home.

Overall: It was a decent test of the toe. The run could have been better but I wasn't stopped by the run test.


No comments:

Post a Comment