Hanover weather

Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer/Marathon training plan

The training plan for this summer is to average about 20 miles (Tuesday-Friday) by running around 5 miles each morning, followed by long runs of increasing distance on the weekends. The rough idea is to do a 6 mile long run this weekend and extend that by 2 miles each weekend. This would allow me to get in three 20 mile runs before the marathon (which is my normal goal for marathon training). The other run on the weekend would be between 5-10 miles depending on how much time I have and other life factors.

I liked the general idea of the run streak. However, Monday is crazy busy work wise most of the time. So I plan on a six-day a week run streak, thus I will be taking off every Monday after today.

This is the plan anyway. Life will likely cause bends in that plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment