Hanover weather

Friday, February 25, 2011

27 miles: 5 hour energy.

Today I think I ran about 27 miles. This was my first ever training run longer than a marathon. It felt good. I was glad when I was done but think I could have done more if needed. The 40 miler is looking doable (at least in good weather).

The plan was for about 24 miles when I left the door but it was overcast, cool and I had the time. I ran for 5 hours 6 mins, timed using a watch as my new gps iPhone is not here yet. I had one pit stop and little walking (same as first two marathons). My pace was probably faster than my first marathon 4 hr 54 mins but a bit slower than my second 4:44.

Since I think I was running faster than my first marathon and that was 26.2 miles in 4:54; I think today's 5:06 I'm going to call at least 27 miles. It's possible I went further but I don't want to fool myself, so I'll go with 27. I took in 300 calories via 3 tortilla wraps and 360 calories via 4 gels. I had about 2 liters of water.


Up next: I may take tomorrow off and run Sunday and Monday instead. The boy's Oma is here to watch him so I can run Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment