Hanover weather

Sunday, February 20, 2011

5 miles Saturday and 5 free miles on Sunday

Yesterday and today I ran 5 miles. The plan was for 12 on Saturday but yesterday was a very busy family day (work, hair cuts for the boys and visiting friends) and so I cut the run to 5 (with rock music) and increased the pace. Today I could tell I ran less than normal on Saturday because I had a great strong 5 mile run this morning. My overall mileage was less than planned for the weekend but I think things might have evened out a bit by pushing the pace yesterday and really pushing it today.

My right ankle was been a bit sore the last two weeks. This isn't great but my foot is no longer hurting so that's good. I'm not sure you could train for an ultra without pain. The key is the pain is moving around and not staying in one place (that would be bad).

Up next: 24 on one midweek run, 12 on the other. The plan now is 24 on Wednesday and 12 on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment