Hanover weather

Friday, April 8, 2011

30 miles: another 5000 calories burned.


Today I ran 30 miles. It wasn't easy as the heat returned with some humidity (82F, 54 humidity), I didn't sleep well, and it was 30 miles. This was my second 30. I started the last 30 with hat and gloves on just 13 days ago. It was a big shock to my system to have the weather switch so fast. I took in about 5 liters of water (w/3 endurolytes) and about 760 calories between gels and solid food.

I tried again to find what hills I could as the 40 miler is described as hilly. As you can see on the map above we don't have great hills in town. Miles 6 to 16 were on a bypass around the town that has a nice shoulder and rolling hills. The ending of the run was the same as the last. I ran loops around the local park. By mile 24 I didn't really want to think about where to go or my interaction with traffic. I hit the 30 mark about a half mile from home and just walked back from there as a cool down.

Up next: Saturday- I'm not really sure, anywhere from 0-12 miles. Sunday- 5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment