Hanover weather

Sunday, April 24, 2011

5.1 mile rabbit run


I ran 5.1 miles this morning. I took along my phone because I wanted to make sure I kept a good pace (around 10). I imagined I was chasing the Easter Bunny. It worked and I had a good run. It was only on the way back I found out why my first mile was fast; I had a tail wind on the way out.

This is basically the five mile free run but I didn't cut one corner that I normally cut to keep it at 5 miles. It rained hard last night and that little corner cut off would soak my shoes.

Am I ready for the 41.2 mile run? I'm about as ready as I can be to finish it. I've run 30 three times and that is about as far a training run that is suggested for 50 mile runs (a more typical distance). I've felt like I could have keep going a little bit more on each of those runs. These runs were done without a real taper so my legs should be ready to go. So I'm thinking the 30 training runs will get me to 31.2 miles, the taper should add about 5 miles. This puts me at 36.2 miles. Running in an event is always a bit more exciting and there will be other people. This should get me to 40 miles. The last 1.2 miles might be really hard but at that point I know I will make it. This is the math I'm telling myself.

The hills could be a factor as could the weather. The hills are fixed; I'll should have a basic idea of the weather as few days out. I'm hoping for overcast. I'll take warm and humid, but I don't want sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment