Hanover weather

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

30 miles


Photo: I think it from around mile 11 (below) but it could be anywhere between 10-12

Today I ran another 30 miles. This one was a little over a minute faster per mile than the last 30 so that was good. It has humid but otherwise good running weather (cool and overcast). I took in about 4.4 liters of water, 4 endurolytes, and maybe 800 calories between solid food and gels.

Thirty miles is a long way. I actually felt pretty good during this run. It probably helped I had a mini-taper this last weekend (just 11 miles). I'm now entering the taper phase for the May 7th 41.2 mile run. I'll likely run 20 next wednesday and then really cut back. The trick is not to eat to much because you still are really hungry but not burning as many calories.



No comments:

Post a Comment