Hanover weather

Friday, March 4, 2011

11 miles


Running is a mental game once you are in decent shape and today I was off my game*. I ran 11 miles.

My wife left on a trip today, I didn't sleep well last night, I was worried my son's school would call and I would have to pick him up in the middle of a run (I had no reason to worry), I had not finished work before running, I had to clean the house some, etc. My mind was everywhere but running. It's not that I didn't want to run, it's that I under more mental stress than my normal low laid-back level.

Anyway, this coming weekend and week will be different than normal. I'm likely not running Saturday or Sunday. Monday our son is going to school so he can stay home on Friday when my wife gets back. Monday is an easy work day for me. So the new plan is to do the big run on Monday when I have more time and should have my mind back on running.

*I do know that I still ran 11 miles and that is decent.

No comments:

Post a Comment