Hanover weather

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

28 miles: a good day to be outside


Today I went 28 miles. I took in about 4 liters of water, 450 calories via 5 gels and about 500 calories via solid food (a sports bar and some pretzels). It was not easy.

I think I was a bit sore from pushing the pace on Sunday during my five mile run. My legs were tired. Today at around mile 11 I felt like I had already run 20. My legs started to cramp a bit around mile 18. This was good and bad. Bad because it's not great for running, good because this is training and learning how to run (or keep going) while tired is very important.

Miles 18-28 were interesting. Some walking, some slow running and some normal long distance speed running. Miles 27 and 28 were better than miles 23-24, and that is good in that it shows you can get over rough patches and feel better.

Overall: This was a fun day and that is probably the most important thing. The running wasn't always going great today but I had fun the whole time. It was a nice spring day and I was able to spend most of it outside.

Map: The poor mapping program can't seem to handle today's run. It shows the miles but could not connect all the dots for the first 11.5 miles or so.



1 comment:

  1. Who runs 28 miles and has fun? That is amazing! Go Trent!

    ReplyDelete