Hanover weather

Saturday, March 19, 2011

12.1 miles


I ran 12.1 miles today. It was basically the same run as yesterday. For some odd reason, I felt pretty good. Today's run was a full minute per mile faster than Friday's run over the same distance and route. It's not like I was moving really fast today, just that I felt better than I did yesterday. It's good to know I can run 12 miles faster the day after running 12 miles. Today I took in 90 calories via one gel, 1 endurolyte, and 1.2 liters of water.

On a side note I've given up beer I pay for until the 40 mile event. What I mean by that is I will still take a free beer if someone offers me one. I was only drinking about six a week anyway but this 40 miler (really 41.2 I've learned) is no joke. If not drinking for a few weeks help me lose a pound or two I'll take it. I can imagine being at the starting line and someone asking me if I want to put an extra pound or two in my pack. I'm fairly sure I'd say no; that's the thinking behind this.

No comments:

Post a Comment