Hanover weather

Saturday, March 12, 2011

11.6 miles


(Photo taken around mile 5 below)

Today I ran 11.6 miles (goal 12 +/- 0.5). Sadly, it was a reminder of what is coming. The sun, heat and humidity. The south is great for running in the winter, not so much the other months of the year. Today wasn't bad really but it was a reminder that summer running is much different. I took in 1.2 liters of water and 0 calories.

It was a good run after the first few miles. I was just lacking energy. I'm not much of an espresso person but I feel like a good shot of it would have helped. Hopefully, my body started burning longer term stored fuel after the first couple miles and that is why I started to feel normal. This was not a fast run but was faster than yesterday. I do plan to push the pace tomorrow.

Up next: Sunday the 5 mile free run.



No comments:

Post a Comment