Hanover weather

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

17.4 miles: The bonk


Today I went 17.4 miles. It was 86 degrees with 53% humidity at the end of the run. I took in about 4 liters of water and 3 endurolytes. I was doing fine until about mile 12 or 13 when I just ran out of energy. I hit a wall. The last 4 miles or so were a combination of running and walking with more walking than running (at least time wise).

A number of factors likely played into the bonk. 1) This was my first real run in the heat for this year. 2) I only had 90 calories during the run when normally I might have 300-400 for a run of this length. 3) Last night's sleep was worse than the normal bad. 4) I might not be 100% muscle recovered from the Strolling Jim.

Up next: Friday- A mid-distance run (5-12 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment