Hanover weather

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Summer plan

The basic summer plan is not to have one. The weather is too much of a factor. In the winter I can plan a twenty mile run and just run it no matter what. In the summer if I have a 20 miler planned and it's in the 90's and humid it makes the run not fun. I run for fun so I plan to avoid not having fun.

Instead I will use rough guidelines for my running:
1) Sunday do the five mile Starbucks run. This is a standard run and works well with the family schedule.
2) Run at least two long 20-30 mile runs a month.
3) The warmer it is the faster and shorter my runs will be. The cooler the weather, the longer and slower the runs will be.
4) All runs should be at least 5 miles.
5) If it's super hot for a week or two I'll work on running 5 miles faster. If it's rather cool (for the summer) for a week or two I'll do a few 15-30 mile runs.

The goal is to come out of the summer and still have no problems doing a 20 mile long run and to pick up the overall pace of my runs with the aim of improving my marathon time.

No comments:

Post a Comment