Hanover weather

Thursday, May 19, 2011

zero miles: all dressed up but going nowhere

Yesterday I got in my running gear and headed out the door for a mid distance run (5-14 or so). However my right ankle was hurting a bit. This is the same problem I was having right before the Strolling Jim but didn't hurt during that 41.2 mile run. I made the call that running was not the thing to do so I turned around a went home. I rested it yesterday and today. I'll run 5 tomorrow and about 6-9 or Saturday (including the 5k).

The basic plan is to keep running fewer miles (more like half-marathon training) if the ankle keeps hurting at the same level. If it's still hurting mid June I'll take two weeks off. I will of course stop before that if it gets worse after each run.

It could all just be about breaking in the new shoes. I wore the new pair for a few of my last runs before Strolling Jim but wore my old pair for the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment