Hanover weather

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fall marathon double dip

I've come up with a plan for the fall which will give me something to works towards this summer and is a bit of a challenge. I'm going to do two marathons this fall about 5 weeks apart. There is a new marathon in Chattanooga called the 7 Bridges Marathon on Oct 16. It runs over the bridges crossing the Chattanooga river. I'm also going to do the Philly marathon again; it's on Nov 20th.

The plan is to use the Chattanooga marathon as more of a training run for the philly marathon. I am not going to push my pace in the Chattanooga marathon and risk being too sore to recover and train again for the next marathon. The basic plan for the 5 weeks in between will be:

Oct 16: Chattanooga marathon
Oct 17-23: recover with 2 or 3 short runs
Oct 24-30: a few medium distance runs 5-15 miles
Oct 31-Nov 6: at least one 17-20 mile run and a few other runs of any distance
Nov 7-13: at least one 20 mile run and a few other runs of any distance
Nov 12- Nov 19: taper, with 2 or 3 short runs
Nov 20: Philly Marathon

After that: rest and plan for the Strolling Jim 41.2 miler in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment