Hanover weather

Saturday, May 21, 2011

2.5 miles + Fiddlin Fish 5K + 2.5 miles= 8.1 miles


Today I ran downtown (2.5 miles), ran the Fiddlin Fish 5k and then ran home (2.5 miles). I had no plans to run it fast. The basic idea was to run about a 10 minute per mile pace which still would be fastest I've run in a long time considering my training for the 41.2 mile Strolling Jim.

I think my time was about 27:10 (I'll adjust that once the results are posted). This is an 8:44 pace. I think I started at a 10 minute pace but just kept getting faster as I figured out I was still feeling good. I'm sure each mile was faster than the last.

I crossed the finish line and took a water bottle and kept on going and just ran home. It was a small event as far as the number of people there. I'd consider doing it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment