Hanover weather

Monday, September 27, 2010

12 miles (Sunday night) with the wildlife


Yesterday, I ran 12 miles around the town (above). It was 66 degrees and 63% humidity at the end of the run. I took in 1.8 liters of water and 190 calories via 2 gels (1 GU and 1 Hammer gel).

It was a decent run and I felt better as I went along. My speed was good in the lower temps but I had a low level side stitch for the first 8-9 miles that didn't help. I don't think I'm at my best running later in the day. It's much easier to run after a night to process dinner. Later in the day I'm dealing with breakfast, lunch and any snacks. For morning runs, a cup of coffee and toast seems to do the trick. If my kid ever starts sleeping all night long, I'll run early in the morning all the time.

There was much more wildlife on this evening run. I almost stepped on a well camouflage stick that turned out to be a 2-3 foot snake (around mile 6 next to the river). I saw a fox in the park and many more birds hunting bugs. I also got cat calls from three different fools in cars. I scared the daylights out of two 13 (?) year old girls trying to secretly smoke behind the clubhouse at the park when I came around the corner in the dark. They quickly tried to hide the smokes and said hello.

Up next: This week starts the max pattern of my training program. T: 5 miles, W:10 miles, Th: 5 miles, Sat: 20, Sun: 10, followed by a week of T: 5, Wed: 6, Th: 5, Sat: 12 and Sun: 6. This schedule repeats a few times before heading into a taper for the marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment