Hanover weather

Sunday, September 19, 2010

9.7 miles, are you crazy?



Today I ran 9.7 miles (9 scheduled). It was 82 degrees and 70% humidity at the end of the run. I took in 1.2 liters of water, 2 Endurolytes, and 190 calories in gels (1 GU and 1 Hammer). Photo: from mile 3 above.

It was a good run. It was easier at the end of the run than it was during the first few miles when I had stiff legs from yesterday. I think I could have run a few more miles today but now that I'm sitting here I can feel the miles in my legs and I'm glad I didn't.

I have to pass the county soccer fields on the way out and back in. Yesterday I saw some lady sitting in a chair on the way out and then the way back in a few hours later. She was there again today directing traffic. She asked me if I'm crazy. I just replied I'm training for a marathon. She just shook her head.

1 comment: