Hanover weather

Sunday, September 12, 2010

17 miles (yesterday)


Yesterday I ran 17 miles. I got fooled by a weather report and the radar and paid for it. I thought it would be overcast and raining and maybe the upper 70's. It turned out it was sunny and I finished the run with the temperature at 91 and the humidity at 51.

I took in 300 calories via 3 Gu gels and 600 calories via 3 Gatorades. I also took in 1.2 liters of water to go with the 2.85 liters of Gatorade. I picked a bad day to see what would happen without Endurolytes as those replace what you lose in sweat. I had a low level headache the rest of the day. I did get some replacement via Gatorade and the gels but I don't think they work as well for me as Endurolytes do.

Overall: It was a hard run. The best training was just mental in the fact that I kept going and finished the miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment