Hanover weather

Sunday, September 5, 2010

17 miles


Ran 17 miles (16 scheduled). My right foot held up fine during the run. I did have to change the dressing on my blister once but it didn't look much worse than when I had started. It hurt a bit for the first few miles but as expected stopped as it either went numb or just stopped hurting.

It was a sunny but cool day for a run, 73 degrees and 38% humidity at the end of the run. I had 0.95 liters of gatorade and about 2 liters of water. I took in 200 calories in the Gatorade and 270 with 3 Hammer's Montana Huckleberry gels and 100 calories with 1 GU gel (570 total calories, this is probably about a 1/3 rd of the calories I burned while running.) I forgot to eat before the run and just had coffee. I was hungry and there has clear evidence I should have had more water to drink during the run. The lower temperature threw me off my normal downing of water.

My pace was good for a long run especially coming off a rough patch with my foot. I did slow down on purpose as my legs felt a bit fresh from two days off from running and one light day; I ran the last 3 miles at the same pace as the first 3. Hopefully I'm back on track and will just jump right by into my schedule. I didn't plan to run an extra mile but misjudged the distance to home from last loop I did at a park (mile 13 on the map).

1 comment:

  1. Sounds impressive, running that far with the blister to contend with. Hopefully the weather will be on your side from now on.

    ReplyDelete