Hanover weather

Sunday, September 26, 2010

4 treadmill miles (Saturday night)

I ran 4 miles on the treadmill yesterday once I got the boy to bed. I did a simple run of 10:30 for the first mile, 10:00 for the next two and 9:30 for the last mile. I took in 0.6 liters of water. I'll run my 12 miles outside later today or tonight after my wife gets home.

Weather update: I think we are finally headed towards fall running weather here. There are no more high's in the 90's in the 10 day forecast and in fact there is only one day forecast to be in the 80's. I am very excited. I don't mind the heat for runs shorter than a hour but the heat really affects me on longer runs. I have no idea what the cooler weather will do for my speed in longer runs. It should help but I don't know how much. One big effect should come from having to drink less water. I can't run and drink water and so I always need to walk briefly to drink. If I need to walk less, than I should see an increase in overall speed for long runs. Note: I can drink and run with my Camelbak system but I don't plan on wearing that for the marathon and so don't use it on long runs.

Cold weather does not seem to negatively affect me at all. I was in a running group in Missoula, Montana and we would run in single digit temperatures all the time and my speed was normal. As long as I don't have to cover my mouth and nose to stay warm, I love cold weather running. It's not going to get anywhere near that cold here so I have no worries about the cold weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment