Hanover weather

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

8 Mile complex night run

Typically my long midweek run is on Wednesday. However, it worked out better to run that run tonight after my wife came home (we picked her up today). This run was almost a repeat of the last 8 miler around the complex. I took in 1.2 liters of water and 1 GU gel (100 calories). It was 79 degrees and 71% humidity at the end of the run. Each mile felt easier as I got warmed up and I tried to push the last 3. Clearly if I want to run my best 5k time I should run a few miles to get to the starting line. It takes me a bit to get going.

Injury update: The great news is there is no foot injury, just a blister. I did manage to get a small new blister on top the bigger one from the 17 mile run on Sunday but both are healing at a decent rate. The running isn't helping them heal but they are healing faster than the running is making them worse.

Up Wed and Thurs: 4 mile each day on the treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment